juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley

The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1)

The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) - Elizabeth Hoyt The Raven Prince is on my "regular re-read" list, alongside "Untie My Heart" and "The Spymaster's Lady." I love the interaction between our hero and heroine, and I love best of all how the heroine reaches out for her own pleasure.

Re-read #1: Continuing my "widows in love" re-read streak (started with The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie and to potentially end with Untie My Heart), I enjoyed this spin through THE RAVEN PRINCE. In true form, I skipped most of the villain's scenes and focused on the h/h. There is something so poignant in Edward's insecurities, and while I'm not a big fan of his "How dare you trick me into treating you as no decent woman should be treated?!" reaction, I suppose it's in keeping with sexual attitudes of the time. Every couple should be so lucky to meet masked in a brothel, think of everything they'd miss being "proper"!

Reread #2 (7/8/2013): It has been quite some while since I've found myself paging through Favorites looking for a familiar, tried and true re-read to keep me happy. THE RAVEN PRINCE has great chemistry,does not disappoint.