juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Cryoburn - Lois McMaster Bujold I love Miles Vorkosigan books so much, you'd think I would know better than to pick one up at 1 a.m. Three and a half hours later I was done, and anxious to find someone who wants to talk about it in the wee hours of the morning.

While I was disappointed to only see glimpses of Miles's young family, I enjoyed a return to a more "old school" Vorkosigan formula. Galactic crime, danger, and wit, with a light sprinkling of maniacal genius. The concepts underpinning Cryoburn were both interesting and timely, I enjoyed the concept of cryogenically frozen individuals signing over proxy votes and assets to enormous cryo-banks. Bujould has created a very interesting confluence of questions regarding social justice, mortality, and "creepy conquest", with some funny parallels to our own current mortgage crisis, as well. This book was wonderful, and it has inspired me to go back to SHARDS OF HONOR to begin the series afresh, this time with a bitter sweet eye.