juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting This book had a fascinating premise and a kind of blah ending for me. Abigail's five bat review makes me think I need to re-read, perhaps I missed something.

Read Abigail's review at All Things Urban Fantasy.

2/13/11: Re-read complete, with a better sense of what worked (and what didn't) in this book. Violet is very much a Mary Sue character, and as loveable as both she and Jay are, I think my emotional disconect stems from being told what they are feeling rather than ever connecting with their emotions myself. This book hits all the right buttons, which makes it an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon, but didn't engage me beyond a superficial level. I'm going to read book two in the series, and look forward to seeing if I have a different emotional reaction.