juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Sins & Shadows - Lyn Benedict SINS & SHADOWS was buried in my old eReader app, a read from pre-Goodreads times. When a copy of GODS & MONSTERS came my way, I had to go back to where it all started.

SINS & SHADOWS is dark, dark, dark, but in a way that I appreciate more than some others (the Dante Valentine series, for example, often goes too close to horror and melodrama for me). The pacing is very quick, and very well done. Even though the eBook is missing some formating that helps show place/time transitions, I enjoyed the ride.

Ultimately, I bought SINS & SHADOWS at a time when it was the only book in the series, and the ending was demoralizing enough that I forgot to keep my eyes open for book two. As a savvier urban fantasy reader, I can now see some hope for Sylvie (and her love life), and look forward to seeing where Benedict takes the series.