juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Dating the Undead - Gena Showalter, Jill Monroe DATING THE UNDEAD appeared out of the blue and had me laughing from the first moment when I opened the package. A note-perfect parody of glamour magazines, every LG (living gal) with a zest for the paranormal will want to get their hands on a copy of DATING THE UNDEAD.

DATING THE UNDEAD has the look and feel of a high-end graphic novel and between the funny articles, parody advertisements, and excerpts of Showalter’s Lords of the Underworld series, my initial good impression just kept getting better. As much a parody of fashion magazines as it is a celebration of Paranormal Romance, this book is beautifully executed. From “Manscaping Your Manly Immortal” to my first taste of the Lords of the Underworld line up, DATING THE UNDEAD had enough material to keep me entertained through several beach days and plane flights (or one long, cozy evening on the couch).

When it comes to a series' “bonus” material, graphics and execution are key to my enjoyment. DATING THE UNDEAD certainly fits the bill on both of those accounts with gorgeous men, flashy magazine spreads, and quizzes to help me find that perfect immortal (or pampering recipes to help me get over him). Funny, interesting, and a visual treat, every LG should have a copy of DATING THE UNDEAD tucked into her beach bag for spring.

Sexual Content: References to sex.