juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Broken Mirrors (Marla Mason, #5) - T.A. Pratt,  Tim Pratt Marla, I love you.

It is an interesting coincidence that several of my favorite series (Kate Daniels, Rachel Morgan, to name two) got a relatively neutral reaction from me at first. When I started the first book about Marla and Felport, I was not swept away. There was no romance, no sex to take a cheap shot and get me hooked. Luckily, the romance came later, if not the sex. Marla is in love with Felport, she's loyal and passionate about her lieutenants and her apprentice and her city. Beneath the rapid fire dialogue and non-stop action, there is rock solid character development and plotting. Never is the romance and the writing more phenomenal than this latest book.

BROKEN MIRRORS splinters one story into many, with action taking place across the two alternate realities. Despite how driven and hard Marla may appear, her passion and humanity shine compared to the alien Mason. BROKEN MIRRORS proves that there are no happy endings, but it also asserts that the sad endings aren't so bad either, as all of these endings make you who you are today.