juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley

The Reluctant Vampire (Argeneau, #15)

The Reluctant Vampire - Lynsay Sands Jumping into a long running series with book 15 is risky, but I certainly enjoyed myself. The relationship between the hero and heroine was effective as a stand alone (and smoking hot). Details about the Argeneau vampires were sprinkled at intervals in the story, and I never felt lost. There'd were some details about Stephanie's plight and Leonius's actions that could have been clearer, but that just further motivates me to go back and enjoy the previous books in the series.

As a Paranormal romance, Sands did a phenomenal job balancing chemistry and character development. The dance club was hot, hot, hot, and a realistic balance of sexual attraction and first date "getting to know you" conversations (which are pretty fascinating between immortal creatures). Even the skunk scene was a lovely blend of mundane and romantic (and Alessandro's vehement reaction to the "smelly cat" had me cracking up).

Full review at All Things Urban Fantasy.