juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Demon's Bride - Zoe Archer
In one of those rare instances when a sequel out performs its predecessor, DEMON'S BRIDE is thrilling blend of gothic romance and dark magic that suffers from few of the pacing issues in DEMON'S KISS.

This is mainly due to the nature of Leo and Anne's relationship. Archer treats Leo's pact with the Devil like any romance's "big secret", a strategy that works very well here. I almost wish I was coming to this series brand new, as the shock of Leo's powers might have added even more darkness to the gothic portions of the story (or it might have been too jarring to believe, who knows?).

Once DEMON'S BRIDE changes gears from romance to action, I still found this book to be better paced and more enjoyable than DEMON'S KISS. Anne and Leo's confrontation with demons were interspersed with exposition that gave me time to absorb before the next action sequence. With such a powerful foe, these reaction and strategy scenes were essential.