juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Geekomancy - Michael R. Underwood Like any true geek homage, GEEKOMANCY is aggressively packed with cult pop culture references, memorabilia, and television slang. Though these hallmarks are fun in conversation, in narrative form this deluge came across as "let me tell you everything I know" noise. It took awhile for me to acclimate to GEEKOMANCY's quippy style, but once I learned to relax and love the bomb... oh no, it's contagious.

But seriously, folks, after a few chapters of tell, tell, tell, Ree was finally up to speed and ready to kick some butt. In a world where consuming your favorite entertainment can literally fuel your magic, Ree's encyclopedic knowledge movies, TV, comics, and games is a finely honed weapon in her arsenal.

Full review to follow.