juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Ashes of Honor  - Seanan McGuire The October Daye series is one of those delicious worlds that becomes more and more beloved with each visit. Despite the pain and loses of prior books and the mystery central to this one, ASHES OF HONOR is a sweet interlude of happiness. Tobey and her squire, the electric Dryad, Tybalt and Raj, Sylvester and May, all of the familiar favorites get page time in this book.

I feel a little bad that I am willing to forget Connor so quickly, but Tybalt has always fascinated me. His relationship with October is explored on multiple levels in this book, and I couldn't be happier. In ASHES OF HONOR more than any prior book, I felt that Tobey shared top billing with her support network of friends and colleagues. This collaborative style was incredibly satisfying, diluting the pain and isolation that so characterized Tobey's past.

When I think of the October Daye, she ranks alongside Kate Daniels and Rachel Morgan. Each of these heroines kick butt in their own unique way, but all form lasting friendships that are as rich and satisfying as any romance that happens to come into the story. ASHES OF HONOR definitely focused on developing the relationships of Tobey and her allies, a long awaited chance for Tobey to catch her breath. Of course, as much as I enjoyed this straight forward mystery and rich emotional story, I'm looking forward to seeing where McGuire takes the world of faerie next.

Full review to follow.