juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Endgame - Ann Aguirre Catch-22, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fidelity, immortality, and cross species devotion, Aguirre has written a relationship unlike any other. In ENDGAME Aguirre attempts to offer these beloved characters closure. This last book doesn't dethrone AFTERMATH as my favorite in the series, but it did make me nostalgic to go back to book one and start reading this series all over again.

Poised between futures with Vel and March, I could have been happy being left with only Sirantha's possibilities. This last book closes doors, buttons up loose ends, and despite a happy ending, didn't impact me as deeply as AFTERMATH. In an effort to free an entire planet enslaved, Jax goes to war. The initial surgical strikes are vivid and elegant, but before long things begin to go wrong. No war is clean, and Aguirre writes a guerilla war that devolves into masacres, weapons of mass destruction, and heartbreak. Somehow, despite the high stakes, ENDGAME still manages to revolve around the tangled relationship of March, Jax, and Vel. I couldn't help but feel that March and Jax rush to fit a lifetime of emotional growth into one book.

Usually I'm not one for melodrama, but I have to confess that I responded more to the emotional wrenching parts of this love story than the happily ever after.

Full review to follow.

Sexual Content: Sex scenes.