juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
How to Drive a Dragon Crazy - G.A. Aiken This is the Dragon Kin book I've always been waiting for! A perfect balance of action, humor, and romance, Aiken does a fantastic job keeping her enormous cast of characters in line (and hilarious).

Though I remember a little bit about Izzy and Blue from prior books, enough background is offered on them and the supporting characters that even new readers can get oriented. They may miss out on the nuances of Aiken's hyperbolic characters (who is vain, who is violent, and who is a combination of all of the above), but HOW TO DRIVE A DRAGON CRAZY has a consistent enough tone that I think anyone could catch up. And the POV's! Unnecessary shifts of POV have always been a pet peeve if mine in both Dragon Kin and Pride books, but in CRAZY it seems Aiken has pared things down to a strategic and effective level.

Full review to follow.