juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Fathom - Merrie Destefano FATHOM reads like swimming in the surf. One minute I was paddling in the shallows, interested but not committed, the next I was taken by the current, swept away and unable to surface for anything less than the end.

DeSefano starts her two main characters on opposite end of the spectrum. Despite the ghosts in Kira's life, a bi part of me thought she was firmly rooted in our own reality. I couldn't understand how Kira, immersed in mourning, outcast in high school, could appear in the legends of Caleb's alien tribe. I paddled along in my skepticism, then was blindsided as DeStefano brought these two narratives together. I assumed that twist was the big reveal, then was surprised as another twist took me under.

Full review to follow.