juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Scorched - Laura Griffin I love Griffin, and getting Kelsey and Gage's HEA was worth the wait. I enjoyed this particular spin on the "been there, done that" romance, I liked that it was a matter of months rather than a decade that separated the hero and heroine.

On the downside, the pacing in this book is a little choppy. It wasn't clear how Gage found out about Kelsey's engagement breaking up, and it was disorienting when Griffin dropped it into the narrative on Gage's side rather than Kelsey's. The culmination of the mystery was a little much as well, with a crash course on counter-terrorism. It set up the HEA very nicely, though, which I appreciated.

Excellent romance, good execution, I'm back to eagerly awaiting Griffin's next book.