juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins I've been letting this one sit on my TBR list for awhile, mainly because the eBook price just refused to come down. Glowing review after glowing review rolled by, and finally I found myself in need of a happy slam dunk one afternoon.

If I had picked up ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS without anyone else's reviews in my ear, I'd probably have given it the same rating. This is a good book, a fun book, a well written, light love story that swept me away for the afternoon. I liked Anna, I liked her friends, and I liked the characters' behavior enough to be willing to recommend this elsewhere. I think the crux of my 4 stars versus 5 stars is my emotional distance from the story. I never related closely enough to Anna to be swept away, nor did I fall in love with Etienne.