juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Gunmetal Magic - Ilona Andrews A pleasure as always to visit Kate Daniels's world, I've been excited about Angela's story for so long. For a he said/she said, both characters get by with a minimum of childishness (and as responses go, turning into a hyena/human hybrid and telling your ex-boyfriend to stuff it is just about the best thing I've ever seen).

12/17/12 - Ilona's blog post discussing the characterization of her books as "romance" or "fantasy" reminded me of the many character moments I enjoyed between Andrea and Raphael. Though the plot of these books totally holds up for re-reads, what truely draws me back is always the character moments. Andrea bursting into beastkin when initially confronting Raphael, her faithful sidekick Ascanio, and the pleasant diversion of Roman were all great the second time around.

4/28/13 - I love Andrea finding herself, though the story itself lags a bit for me in the last third. Would have enjoyed more Kate/ Andrea interaction, but understand why Andrea needs center stage to carry her own book.