juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Written in Red - Anne Bishop I had written four different mental reviews and actually loaned out my copy of WRITTEN IN RED within hours of finishing. This is a fun, engrossing, absorbing book and my greatest complaint is not being able to lose myself in a sequel immediately. This does not feel like Anne Bishops prior books, but I love it. The main character is a magical Mary Sue that makes cutting a virtue, and I love her. Most of my favorite moments with the deliciously scary werewolves involve dog treats, and I love them. Describing what makes this book awesome is entirely inadequate, you need to experience the singular alchemy of Bishop's narrative for yourself.

Re-read #1 (4/13): Ok, ok, waiting one month before re-reading is a record for me. But this book is entirely worth it. I found myself flipping past all the Asia stuff (not interested this time around), but word-for-word loved all the POV's from the hero, heroine, et al.

Re-read #2 (6/13): Wow, back again. Three times in one year may be another record. I recommended this book to my cousin, which brought it back to mind, which brought me back to reading it in one sitting. I still find myself skipping Asia's POV, but love every other scene. The interactions between Meg and Sam still bring tears to my eyes, just too touching.