juliamarkovic

A Stitch in Time
Amanda James
The Demon's Lexicon
Sarah Rees Brennan
The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (Mackenzies Series)
Jennifer Ashley
Crave - J.R. Ward I've jumped back into this series to prep for a POSSESSION ARC review (of course, it won't be advanced by the time I get caught up). I enjoy the present tense action, but the demon and archangel seem needlessly silly. Still, this series captures some of my favorite aspects of the Black Dagger Brotherhood (alpha men, romance, violence) without some of my less favorite items (exaggerated street cant, designer obsessiveness, and endless bad guy POVs and politics). Of course, I guess Devina's silly POVs count as a downpoint for this series as well... we'll see if she gets to the point of feeling interminable.

And... done. Nigel is officially my least favorite part of the series, Devina's POVs and dynamic with the angels add some unexpected twists. This book really surprised me, very cool.